NEW YORK, April 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Fairway Market is helping to raise funds for The One Fund Boston ( onefundboston.org), the initiative set up by Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick and Boston Mayor Thomas Menino to help those families most affected by events during and after the 2013 Boston Marathon.
Customers can donate at the registers in all 12 stores, and Fairway will match every dollar donated up to $25,000.
"We want to help make a difference in the lives of so many individuals who were impacted physically and emotionally by the violence in Boston," said Charles Santoro, Chairman of Fairway Market. "At such a terrible time, it doesn't matter whether we are from New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, or anywhere else. We all stand strong for Boston."
Customers can donate in different denominations -- $1, $3 and $5- at the check-out counters of all Fairway Markets in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut. They can tear off one of the tickets found at all front-end registers and hand it to the cashier for scanning; the dollar amount will be added to the customer's order, and will go into a special separate account designated for The One Fund Boston.Fairway Market Fairway Market (Nasdaq: FWM) is a high-growth food retailer offering customers a differentiated one-stop shopping experience "Like No Other Market". Fairway has established itself as a leading food retailing destination in the Greater New York City metropolitan area, with stores that emphasize an extensive selection of fresh, natural and organic products, prepared foods and hard-to-find specialty and gourmet offerings, along with a full assortment of conventional groceries. Fairway is headquartered in New York, New York. Visit us at www.fairwaymarket.com. SOURCE Fairway Market
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV