The storage giant earned 39 cents per share on revenue of $5.39 billion. Analysts were expecting 40 cents per share on $5.42 billion in sales. The company also announced a $1 billion buy back program for 2013.
EMC reaffirmed its 2013 outlook, saying it expects to earn $1.85 per share on $23.5 billion in sales for the full year.
Closing prices: MSFT closed up 3.8% at $31.76, AMZN was unchanged at $268.78, AAPL was flat at $405.46 and EMC ended the day 1% higher at $22.52.--Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Chris_Ciaccia
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV