Cramer said this portfolio had too much speculation and needed to sell Cheniere and add an oil stock like Chevron (CVX).
Cramer advised selling Hatteras and adding a drug company like Merck (MRK).
No Huddle Offense
In his "No Huddle Offense" segment, Cramer opined on the Apple earnings call and the subsequent wave of analyst downgrades and estimate cuts. He said that while Apple management continued to focus on how their products and pipeline remains the best in the world, the analysts had a different agenda.Cramer said Apple's problem is that everyone already seems to have an iPhone or an iPad, which leaves a declining market for new sales. He said the analysts are focused on the company's declining gross margins, which is proof positive that Apple is having a tougher time charging the premium it has enjoyed for years. When it comes down to it, there are simply better stocks to own, ones that offer larger dividend yields and better growth, all without the drama and big declines that Apple shareholders have enjoyed, said Cramer. It may be too late to sell, he concluded, but there aren't a lot of good reasons to own the stock. To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter with all of his latest articles and videos please click here. To watch replays of Cramer's video segments, visit the Mad Money page on CNBC. -- Written by Scott Rutt in Washington, D.C. To email Scott about this article, click here: Scott Rutt Follow Scott on Twitter @ScottRutt or get updates on Facebook, ScottRuttDC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV