Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
(Updates from 10:52 a.m. ET with closing information.)
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Here's what Jim Cramer had to say on CNBC's "Squawk On The Street" Thursday.
Akamai (AKAM) stock is up almost 20% thanks to "reacceleration growth," Cramer said. "There was more insider buying at Akamai as a percentage than any other stock. That should have told us they really got it right this time," he added. AKAM closed up 17.7% at $42.48.
Cramer expects a pretty good quarter at Cliffs Natural Resources (CLF). "This is a return to mineral stocks that we've all been kicking since China's been away. They're bottoming." CLF jumped 15% to $20.95.Dunkin Brands Group (DNKN) is expected to have a bit of a slowdown in same-store sales. The company says it's weather-related. Cramer said he's giving them the benefit of the doubt. DNKN was up 3.7% to $39. Jarden (JAH) just keeps delivering. "Martin Franklin is really rather amazing," Cramer said of the company's chief. "This is a shelf space play. You go into a Target, break out the tape measure, you can't believe how much they are taking. Jarden goes higher." JAH was 6.6% higher at $45.85 at the close. On Cabella's (CAB), Cramer said investors expected gun legislation to hurt the company, so customers rushed out to stock up. The legislation failed so "it's time to take profits," Cramer advised. CAB rose 16.4% to $65.45. Western Digital (WDC), like other major tech companies including Microsoft (MSFT)and Intel (INTC), are doing well today, Cramer said, adding that a pickup in the technology sector could lift the S&P. WDC ended the day 1% lower at $52.60. To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter, with all of his latest articles and videos, please click here. -- Written by Anthony Buccino in New York. Follow @AnthonyBuccino
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV