- Don't be afraid to mix things up. If that first search doesn't yield an affordable fare, try picking a few different dates for potentially better results. Also, look for early morning or late evening flight times that tend to be less expensive. Sometimes, flying out on one airline and back on another will result in a cheaper fare than flying round-trip on a single airline.
- Try Name Your Own Price®. Even for the peak summer season, priceline.com has tickets available at savings of up to 50% off published fares. With Name Your Own Price® tickets, travelers can begin their trips anytime between 6:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. and there may be up to one connection each way. Visit http://www.priceline.com/flights/ and click on the link to use the service.
- Pack as lightly as possible, then weigh and measure all baggage. Some airlines charge up to $30 or more for a checked bag and $40 or more for an overweight/oversize bag – and that's each way. Check your airline's maximum requirements for checked and carry-on bags to make sure you won't incur extra fees.
- Need a rental car? Bundle it into your airfare. Priceline.com's airline ticketing service lets passengers add a rental car to their trip, often at savings of up to 40% over published rental car rates. Watch for the special rental car offers when booking your airfare. Or book a car separately at http://www.priceline.com/rentalcars/.
- Use Express Deals(sm) for discount hotel rooms. Express Deals is the no-bid priceline.com hotel service created especially for families and travelers who need specific amenities along with a pre-negotiated priceline.com discount of up to 45% over published hotel rates. Customers can choose hotel deals that guarantee specific amenities, including a pool, gym, on-site restaurant, free breakfast, free parking, pet friendly, and even a particular bedding type. After booking at the discounted price, the name of the specific hotel is revealed. Check http://www.priceline.com/hotels/ for more details.
June And August Will Be The Most Affordable Months For Summer 2013 Air Travel, Priceline.com Says
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.