4. As of noon trading, Norfolk Southern Corporation ( NSC) is down $0.52 (-0.7%) to $75.32 on average volume Thus far, 1.4 million shares of Norfolk Southern Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.3 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $73.66-$76.25 after having opened the day at $76.11 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $75.84. Norfolk Southern Corporation engages in the rail transportation of raw materials, intermediate products, and finished goods in the United States. Norfolk Southern Corporation has a market cap of $25.1 billion and is part of the transportation industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 14.0, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 22.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Norfolk Southern Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its attractive valuation levels, good cash flow from operations, increase in stock price during the past year, expanding profit margins and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full Norfolk Southern Corporation Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts