3. As of noon trading, Hatteras Financial Corporation ( HTS) is down $0.55 (-2.0%) to $27.07 on heavy volume Thus far, 682,470 shares of Hatteras Financial Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 730,400 shares. The stock has ranged in price between $26.94-$27.56 after having opened the day at $27.49 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $27.62. Hatteras Financial Corp. operates as an externally-managed mortgage real estate investment trust (REIT) in the United States. Hatteras Financial Corporation has a market cap of $2.7 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 7.5, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 11.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Hatteras Financial Corporation as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, attractive valuation levels and compelling growth in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, disappointing return on equity and feeble growth in the company's earnings per share. Get the full Hatteras Financial Corporation Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts