4. As of noon trading, Corning ( GLW) is up $0.66 (5.06) to $13.80 on heavy volume Thus far, 16.0 million shares of Corning exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 14.5 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $13.41-$13.82 after having opened the day at $13.50 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $13.13. Corning Incorporated produces and sells specialty glasses, ceramics, and related materials worldwide. It operates through five segments: Display Technologies, Telecommunications, Environmental Technologies, Specialty Materials, and Life Sciences. Corning has a market cap of $18.9 billion and is part of the electronics industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 11.1, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 4.0% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Corning as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, attractive valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full Corning Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts