Governor: Manufacturers Expanding In Southern NM
SANTA TERESA, N.M. (AP) â¿¿ Gov. Susana Martinez says two manufacturers in southern New Mexico are expanding and expected to create 40 jobs.
The governor announced the expansion Tuesday as she visited Santa Teresa, which is along the international border with Mexico and is becoming a hub for industrial development.
The two companies each plan to add about 20 jobs.
Southwest Steel Coil produces steel sheets wound into rolls, which are used by companies to manufacture a variety of products. Mallory Metal Products is a metal fabrication business that supplies a wide range of manufacturers.The business expansion is a bright spot in New Mexico's sluggish economy. According to the Workforce Solutions Department, jobs statewide grew by 0.5 percent since last March â¿¿ a gain of about 3,800. Manufacturing employment dropped in the past year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV