ROCHESTER, N.Y., April 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- IBM (NYSE: IBM) and Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute are combining forces to offer a new graduate program in fall 2013, to prepare students for the expanding scope of careers requiring Big Data and analytics skills.
Nearly two million information technology jobs will be created by 2015 in the U.S. to support Big Data, according to research firm Gartner, Inc. Offered through the Lally School of Management and Technology, Rensselaer's new Master of Science in Business Analytics degree will empower students and career professionals with the skills required to fill those jobs.The news today underscores IBM's ongoing efforts to help students and career professionals enter and succeed in the growing, high-demand analytics workforce. In addition to collaborating with Rensselaer on the new degree program, IBM has also recently donated a Watson system to the school in order to help faculty and students explore new uses for cognitive computing and expand their understanding of Big Data and analytics. The new Master of Science in Business Analytics degree is a one-year, 30 credit graduate program offered by the Lally School at Rensselaer. Supported by longstanding partner IBM -- which will provide Rensselaer with curriculum materials, real-world case study projects, access to a wide spectrum of software solutions, and IBM thought leaders as guest lecturers -- the graduate program will feature a three-part curriculum comprising:
- A business core to ensure students understand where Big Data fits into a business' strategy and operations, as well as how analytics-driven decisions can impact a business' growth, competitive standing and bottom line.
- An analytics core that includes hands-on training in predictive modeling to help businesses identify profitable data patterns, focusing also on data management, statistical analysis and leading-edge techniques in harnessing Big Data.
- An experiential core with project-based courses that allow students to apply their newly gained skills to real-world problems faced by businesses spanning a range of industries.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV