For the third quarter, Qualcomm said it expects non-GAAP earnings to be between 97 cents and $1.05 a share, on a sales range between $5.8 billion and $6.3 billion. Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters are looking for $1.04 a share in earnings on $5.89 billion in sales.
San Diego-based Qualcomm earned $1.17 a share on $6.12 billion in revenue for its fiscal second quarter. Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters were looking for $1.17 a share on $6.09 billion in revenue.
We delivered another strong quarter as the worldwide adoption of smartphones continues," said Qualcomm CEO Paul Jacobs in the press release. "Looking forward, we are seeing strong traction with our new Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 and 800 processors, and we continue to expect healthy growth in 3G and 3G/4G multimode devices around the world. We are pleased to be raising our calendar 2013 3G/4G device shipment estimates and our revenue and earnings guidance for fiscal 2013."The company ended the quarter with $30.5 billion in cash and securities, up from $26.6 billion in the year-ago quarter. Shares of Qualcomm finished the session higher, gaining 0.99% to close at $66. --Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Chris_Ciaccia
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV