GeoComply To Incorporate Locaid's Market Leading Mobile Location Solution
SAN FRANCISCO, April 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Locaid, the world's largest Location-as-a-Service company, and GeoComply, a leading geolocation aggregator and solutions provider, announced today at GiGSE, the 12th Global iGaming Summit & Expo, that the two companies have signed an agreement to serve the growing needs of the mobile and internet gaming industry. Both companies have recently announced major wins with GTECH and Bally Technologies to bring the most advanced geolocation services to gaming operators, state lotteries, and casinos. The new agreement will allow gaming operators to simultaneously access Locaid's multiple sources of location data, including Network Mobile, IP and Device Location, in conjunction with GeoComply's best-in-breed geolocation services to identify the physical location of players no matter what device the player is using.
Locaid provides the world's largest device location reach, spanning over 400 million mobile devices and over 4.8 billion connected devices across the globe, all through the cloud. The integration of Locaid's compliant and unspoofable data into GeoComply's user-friendly software and tools gives regulators and operators a wide reaching, reliable, and secure solution for authenticating a player's location accurately across all devices.
"Within four years, annual wagering via mobile handsets and tablets will surpass $100 billion," said Rip Gerber, President & CEO, Locaid. "Location data is the key enabling element for the mobile gaming industry. Every gaming operator will be required by state regulators to authenticate the location of a mobile device when a consumer is placing a wager. The casino on your smartphone only works with Locaid location data as a confirmation source. Combined with GeoComply's secure and easy-to-use operating tools, every operator and casino can get the best experience that satisfies regulatory requirements."
"GeoComply was founded to address the need in the internet gaming market for accurate and secure location solutions," commented Anna Sainsbury, CEO, GeoComply. "Our solutions are designed to meet the most stringent requirements whilst enabling operators to accurately locate online players across all devices. We strive to ensure we offer our clients a streamlined geolocation solution, which integrates the best location technologies on the market. As Locaid has demonstrated its ability to offer secure and reliable location data to licensed operators in Nevada, they are an obvious partner for us."The decision to work together was driven by gaming market needs. Melissa Blau, industry commentator and Director at iGaming Capital states, "No industry has higher regulatory reviews and technology standards than gaming." Blau continues, "Regulators and gaming operators are seeking established technologies that provide the highest level of reach, innovation, and security. I am happy to see leading technology providers in the gaming industry working together to benefit all parties, from the regulators and operators all the way to the users on their devices." Locaid is the preferred location data company for the leading mobile innovators in gaming today. Locaid welcomes GeoComply among its ranks of customers and partners that include GTECH, William Hill, Cantor Gaming, CAMS, and GambleID, among others. What the Announcement Means for Gaming Operators, Lotteries and Casinos:
- Ensures adherence to gaming regulations and state lottery administrators.
- Ensures any wager on a mobile or internet-connected device is within state lines, but outside of designated exclusion zones such as tribal lands.
- Provides operators a single geolocation platform for accurately locating all players no matter what device they carry.
- Combines different types of location data to provide more secure and accurate location with greater reach.
- Unites two leading regulator approved location technologies together.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV