SaveOurCommunityTheaters.org Offers New Crowdfunding Site For Movie Theater Digital Conversion
HANCOCK, N.H., April 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- By the end 2013, Hollywood film studios will stop distributing movies on 35-millimeter film and convert entirely to digital. This conversion will save billions for studios, which no longer need to deliver cumbersome film, but leaves small town theaters in the lurch.
"The problem," said SaveOurCommunityTheaters.org spokesperson Scott Wilson, "is that over 3,000 cinemas across the United States are in real danger of closing. They simply don't have the extra $50,000-$80,000 per theater needed to make the conversion."
Michael Hurley, owner of the Colonial Theater in Belfast, Maine estimates that 20% of all theaters in North America could be lost.
SaveOurCommunityTheaters.org believes this loss is unacceptable, said Wilson. "We are harnessing our social media Circlefunding(SM) technology to make sure community theaters are here to stay."Community theaters are fundamentally important to the health and wellbeing of communities. Often these theaters have been around for generations and are part of the fabric of the town. They provide history, a meeting place, and employment, said Wilson. SaveOurCommunityTheaters.org has fundraising project ideas, web assistance, promotional suggestions and utilizes next generation fundraising technology - Circlefunding - to assist small town theaters. Unlike many other Crowdfunding sites, which promote a variety of projects, SaveOurCommunityTheaters.org focuses entirely on community theaters. SOURCE SaveOurCommunityTheaters.org
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV