WARREN, Pa., April 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Northwest Bancshares, Inc., (Nasdaq Global Select Market: NWBI), parent company of Northwest Savings Bank, has been named to the "Bank Honor Roll" of superior performers by KBW, Inc., a full-service investment bank that specializes in the financial services sector. Northwest is one of only 47 U.S. banking institutions to be named to the list.
KBW screened nearly 400 publicly-traded banking companies with assets of more than $500 million to assemble the list. To merit Honor Roll status, banks must meet three conditions.
1) They cannot have reported any annual loss in net income per share before extraordinary items over the past 10 years;
2) Their 2012 annual reported net income per share before extraordinary items must be equal to or greater than their peak net income per share over the past 10 years; and3) They must show consecutive increases in net income per share before extraordinary items since 2009. This is the third consecutive year that KBW has selected Northwest Bancshares, Inc. to be on the Bank Honor Roll. Northwest's President and CEO, William J. Wagner, noted, "Given the challenges the banking industry has faced over the past years, our Directors, officers and employees are proud to be recognized for the strong operating performance we achieved during such a tumultuous time. We thank KBW for this honor and we remain committed to improving our value proposition for employees, customers, communities and shareholders." Northwest Bancshares, Inc. operates Northwest Savings Bank, a community bank with assets of $8 billion and a network of 166 banking locations in Pennsylvania, New York, Ohio, and Maryland. SOURCE Northwest Bancshares, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV