NEW YORK, April 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Today Scholastic, the global children's publishing, education and media company, announced the launch of Scholastic Learning Zone, a platform through which teachers, students, and school administrators in international markets can access Scholastic's growing portfolio of quality digital instructional programs with single sign-on. Scholastic Learning Zone also offers a suite of classroom management and reporting tools that enable teachers and administrators to effectively group students for instruction and keep track of which programs their students are using and how much time they spend on each. The Scholastic Learning Zone, which is offered in English and Spanish, is now available in Africa, Asia, Australia, Canada, Europe, Latin America, and the Middle East.
"We are proud to expand our portfolio of regionally-appropriate educational software for our global customers, and to offer them the added benefits of single sign-on and classroom management and reporting that is provided by Scholastic Learning Zone," said Shane Armstrong, Executive Vice President and President, Scholastic International. "Scholastic Learning Zone makes the process of creating and distributing these quality learning materials faster and more efficient, keeping relevant and updated content in classrooms throughout the world."
The programs currently offered through Scholastic Learning Zone include:
- BookFlix® – an online literacy resource that pairs classic video versions of the very best children's picture books with related nonfiction ebooks to build a love of reading and learning.
- TrueFlix™ – the only online resource that leverages award-winning True Book content to help students hone literacy skills, and build subject-area knowledge and vocabulary.
- Grolier Online -- the most comprehensive source of nonfiction content, including more than 120,000 nonfiction articles, access to more than 1,100 world newspapers and streaming GOTube videos.
- The Graph Club® – an easy-to-use tool that enables students in grades K-4 to create, explore, interpret, and print graphs, helping them make the transition from graphing with manipulatives to graphing in the abstract.
- Timeliner® – a powerful and intuitive software program students use to organize data, from historical events, to scientific processes, to story arcs, and to see the connections.
- Neighborhood Map Machine® – a hands-on program that allows students to create maps of their own neighborhoods‚ other communities‚ or imaginary places.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV