BENTONVILLE, Ark., and BURBANK, Calif., April 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Superman fans, mark your calendars! Walmart announced today that it has partnered with Warner Bros. to give its customers exclusive access to see Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures' "Man of Steel" in theaters nationwide before the film's official release. This program marks the first time in entertainment history that a studio has partnered with a retailer to provide such an opportunity for fans.
Tickets for the exclusive screening of "Man of Steel," will go on sale in more than 3,700 Walmart stores starting at 8 a.m. on May 18. Customers will be able to purchase up to four tickets per visit, and have the option to choose between 2D or 3D showings, where applicable. The advance screening will take place in selected local theaters nationwide at 7 p.m. on June 13.
"We couldn't be more excited to give our customers and associates early access to one of the summer's most anticipated movies," said Laura Phillips, senior vice president of entertainment at Walmart U.S. "Walmart's premiere of 'Man of Steel' once again proves we have the ambition and studio partnerships to develop unique retail programs that give our customers access to the movies they love."Dan Fellman, Warner Bros. Pictures president of domestic distribution, stated, "We are extremely pleased to partner with Walmart on this unprecedented initiative, which will allow devoted fans to be among the first to see 'Man of Steel.' We know the movie delivers and believe this unique partnership will kick off strong word of mouth that, thanks to the reach and immediacy of social media, will propel moviegoers to theaters nationwide." The director of "Man of Steel," Zack Snyder, added, "We have appreciated the unwavering support of the fans, and can't wait to share the movie with them. I am thrilled that Walmart is giving us this terrific opportunity to open the doors early." Mobile App, Merchandise and More In addition to being the first among their friends to see "Man of Steel," Walmart customers can also take advantage of the following offers:
- Priority Purchase of Blu-ray Combo Pack or HD Digital Download: Each ticket bought at Walmart will feature a code on the back that allows customers to pre-order their own Blu-ray Combo Pack or HD Digital Download of "Man of Steel," which will contain exclusive film content.
- Official "Man of Steel Experience" Mobile App: Fans can bring Superman to life with the official "Man of Steel Experience" augmented reality app. The app allows customers to take photos with the superhero, as well as unlock special photo frames by pointing their phone at "Man of Steel" signage in their local Walmart. To download the app please visit: Apple App Store or Google Play.
- Exclusive Original Digital Comic Book: Customers will receive a free original Digital Comic Book written by "Man of Steel" screenwriter David Goyer with every ticket.
- "Man of Steel" Merchandise: Beginning April 28, a variety of "Man of Steel" merchandise such as t-shirts, electronics, posters and more from top brands will be available at Walmart stores and at Walmart.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV