PITTSBURGH, April 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- GNC Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: GNC), the nation's largest specialty retailer of health, wellness and sports nutrition products, is launching a new Member Price Program nationwide. Members will have access to GNC's leading premium brands, cutting-edge product innovation and knowledgeable trained associates, all at fantastic values every day of the year. GNC's current loyalty program boasts close to 7 million active Gold Card members, who will also become part of the Member Price Program.
The rollout of the Member Price Program follows a very successful test-market campaign of up to two years in key markets like Kansas City, Pittsburgh, New York and Chicago that produced higher store traffic, increased revenues and strong margins. GNC anticipates that the program will expand membership to a larger base of consumers, including new and existing members, as well as lapsed Gold Card holders."We are very pleased with the initial phases of the Member Price Program," said Joe Fortunato, Chairman, President & CEO, "and we are excited to offer it to all of our customers, including our existing Gold Card members. Member pricing offers access to GNC's premium products at a great value, increased convenience and simplified pricing." Fortunato noted that the Member Price Program offers tangible benefits to GNC's most loyal customers:
- As a GNC VIP, customers will save up to 50% on all their favorite vitamins, supplements, diet and sports nutrition products, every day of the year.
- The program's simplified pricing also makes shopping easier, both in-store and online.
- In new markets in which the Member Price Program is launching, GNC will offer free memberships for a limited time.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV