LONDON, April 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
GlaxoSmithKline reported a 2% decline in Group revenues in line with expectations and a dividend increase of 6% as part of its 2013 Q1 results. The pharmaceutical giant also officially announced the divestment of Lucozade and Ribena as well as the creation of a 'Global Established Products' group within its portfolio that would get a different strategic focus from the more innovative products.
In a video interview, Chief Financial Officer Simon Dingemans said he felt "very comfortable" about the trends the group was seeing from its performance with strong results from Japan and the US offsetting the tougher European environment.
He emphasized his confidence that the Group was on track to deliver the guidance of 3 to 4% earnings growth in constant currency terms, on sales growth of around 1%. He also highlighted the "significant, continued progress" GSK was making in the pipeline with six new products that had been "called out in front of regulators on both sides of the Atlantic".The video interview and transcript are available to watch now for free at http://video.merchantcantos.com. MerchantCantos produces in-depth interviews, documentaries and webcasts with senior company executives. If you would like to contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +44-207-936-1352. SOURCE GlaxoSmithKline
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV