Starbucks (SBUX) ($59.39) is expected to earn 48 cents a share. The stock is rated buy, is trading around its fair value with a one year price target at $63.38. The stock has been trying to re-capture its April 2012 high at $62. The weekly chart profile is positive but overbought with the five-week MMA at $57.65. My semiannual value level is $49.88 with monthly and quarterly risky levels at $60.63 and $63.10.
A company reporting before the open on Friday:
Chevron (CVX) ($117.48) is expected to earn $3.07 a share. The stock is rated hold, is 13.6% overvalued with a one year price target at $122.40. The stock set a multi-year high at multi-year high at $121.56 on March 25. The weekly chart profile stays negative with a close this week below its five-week MMA at $117.39. Semiannual and quarterly value levels are $111.22 and $109.58 with a monthly pivot at $117.69 and annual risky levels at $22.26 and $123.08.
I have been tracking the ratings in the DowJones Industrial Average stating that the buy rated names are candidates for your allocations to the long side of the stock market. Today the number of stocks rated buy fell to 13 as General Electric (GE) and Intel (INTC) have been downgraded to hold.At the time of publication the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned. Follow @Suttmeier This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV