- First quarter 2013 non-GAAP diluted EPS of $0.64, tied for the second highest quarterly performance in company history; first quarter 2013 GAAP diluted EPS of $0.25.
- First quarter 2013 net exchange revenues 1 were $418 million, up 1% from the prior year quarter.
- Non-transaction based revenues were 72% of our first quarter 2013 net exchange revenues, compared to 69% in the prior year quarter, and increased 5% from the prior year quarter.
- First quarter 2013 non-GAAP operating expenses of $237 million increased 2% from the prior year quarter.
- Beginning in 2013, we realigned our reportable segments as a result of changes to the organizational structure of our businesses.
NEW YORK, April 24, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:NDAQ) today reported results for the first quarter of 2013. First quarter net exchange revenues were $418 million, up from $414 million in the prior year period, driven by increases in our Global Technology Solutions and Global Information Services segments, partially offset by lower U.S. cash equity trading revenues. On an organic basis (constant currency and excluding acquisitions) first quarter net exchange revenues decreased 2% year-over-year.
Operating expenses were $328 million in the first quarter of 2013, compared to $243 million in the prior year quarter. On a non-GAAP basis, first quarter 2013 operating expenses were $237 million, up 2% as compared to the prior year quarter. On an organic basis (constant currency and excluding acquisitions), first quarter non-GAAP operating expenses fell 3% year-over-year.
First quarter 2013 non-GAAP diluted earnings per share were $0.64, up $0.03 compared to the prior year quarter. Non-GAAP diluted earnings per share in the first quarter of 2013 exclude $62 million of expenses accrued for the one-time voluntary accommodation program. This program, which was approved by the SEC on March 22, 2013, expands the pool available to compensate members of the NASDAQ Stock Market for qualified losses arising directly from the system issues experienced with the Facebook IPO that occurred on May 18, 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV