AMSTERDAM, April 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- "VimpelCom Ltd." ("VimpelCom", "Company" or "Group") (NYSE:VIP), announced that VimpelCom shareholders approved all agenda items at its Annual General Meeting of Shareholders (AGM) held today in Amsterdam.
In particular, the Company's shareholders re-elected the following candidates to the Supervisory Board: Jon Fredrik Baksaas, Andrei Baranov, Mikhail Fridman, Kjell Morten Johnsen, Alexey Reznikovich, Ole Bjorn Sjulstad, Sergei Tesliuk and independent directors: Dr. Hans-Peter Kohlhammer and Leonid Novoselsky.
The AGM has also re-appointed Ernst & Young as the Company auditor.
Holders of approximately 94.5% of the Company's shares were represented at the AGM.Following the AGM, the Supervisory Board unanimously re-elected Alexey Reznikovich as Chairman of the Supervisory Board. For more information about the Company's Supervisory Board and related biographies, please see VimpelCom's web site, www.vimpelcom.com in the "Corporate Profile/Leadership" section. About VimpelCom VimpelCom is one of the world's largest integrated telecommunications services operators providing voice and data services through a range of traditional and broadband mobile and fixed technologies in Russia, Italy, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Armenia, Georgia, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Algeria, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Burundi, Zimbabwe, Central African Republic and Canada. VimpelCom's operations around the globe cover territory with a total population of approximately 753 million people. VimpelCom provides services under the "Beeline", "Kyivstar", "djuice", "Wind", "Infostrada" "Mobilink", "Leo", "banglalink", "Telecel", and "Djezzy" brands. As of December 31, 2012 VimpelCom had 214 million mobile subscribers on a combined basis. VimpelCom is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol (VIP). For more information visit: http://www.vimpelcom.com SOURCE VimpelCom Ltd.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV