MTI Systems Releases Costimator Software Version 12 For Manufacturing Suppliers & OEMs
WEST SPRINGFIELD, Mass., April 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- MTI Systems, Inc., a worldwide provider of cost estimating software and should cost estimating services, announced today the release of Costimator version 12. For decades, this dynamic cost estimating software has provided manufacturers a better way to estimate and quote parts more competitively. Version 12 is packed with upgrades and features that further enhance the speed, accuracy and consistency for estimators; as well as a new layer of specialized and unique features for machining and fabrication.
"Costimator V12 is now easier to use and more accessible for estimators than ever before," commented David LaJoie, Vice President of Sales at MTI Systems. "Now, the learning curve is significantly shorter - meaning not only will estimators get accustomed to how to use the software quicker, but they'll be able to reap the benefits of faster, more accurate estimates. When combined with our enhanced customizable cost model building tool, users have even more options to estimate parts 'their' way - a benefit that's hard to find in the cost estimating software industry."
Some of the many new upgraded features in Costimator Version 12 include:
- UPDATED MATERIAL WIZARD...Users can account for material drop (scrap), minimum lot charges & surcharges.- NEW/UPDATED COST MODELS...Painting, Routing, Cycle Time Complete, Water jet, Laser, Shearing, End Facing, Surface work - UPDATED AUTO ATTACHMENT FEATURE...This time-saving feature now offers an automatic attachment feature to ANY detail connected to a work center. Examples now include cost models, tools, assemblies, purchased items, and custom "on-the-fly" or miscellaneous entries. - NEW SOLIDWORKS INTEGRATION...Suppliers and OEMs who use this Cam software to view part prints can instantly paste dimensional data into Costimator - saving time and reducing errors otherwise attributed to data entry misfortunes. - UPDATED WORK CENTER RATES...New manufacturing labor rates have been added/ updated to the work center database offering OEMs (original equipment manufacturers) new options to cost parts made in over 31 countries and 9 regions in the United States. - ENHANCED DATA IMPORT UTILITY AND EXPORT DESIGNER UTILITY (USED FOR REPORTING)...Users can now import data into cost model tables, as well as complete parts, and the export utility provides additional reporting options -- offering greater report preparation flexibility. - UPDATED PART INFORMATION SCREEN... More flexibility when working with custom fields as well as viewing more information within single windows provides time-saving enhancements and offers more ways to compare part details when seeking the best least cost approach. ABOUT COSTIMATORCostimator is cost estimating software that's designed for manufacturers of all sizes, who make or buy parts. This includes single-man job shops, large contract manufacturers, precision machining and fabrication shops, as well as full-service OEMs (original equipment manufacturers). While annual updates to the software add information to the extensive manufacturing data library, new features also offer estimators more flexibility to estimate and quote parts, products, and manufacturing processes "their way"; making it one of the most unique & customizable cost estimating software products for the manufacturing industry. CONTACT MTI SYSTEMS, INC. Sign up for a free demonstration to learn more or call Jay Snow @ 800-644-4318/ 413-733-1972. MTI Systems, Inc., 59 Interstate Drive, West Springfield, Massachusetts, 01089, www.mtisystems.com. Costimator is a registered trademark of MTI Systems, Inc. This press release was issued through 24-7PressRelease.com. For further information, visit http://www.24-7pressrelease.com. SOURCE MTI Systems, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV