Image-guided And Robot-assisted Surgery Markets In Western Europe Set For Strong Expansion, Says Frost & Sullivan
LONDON, April 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Image-guided and robot-assisted surgeries have made successful inroads into the western European market. The significant cost and clinical benefits offered by such advanced surgical systems has been key to boosting their adoption rates.
New analysis from Frost & Sullivan ( http://www.medtech.frost.com), Image-guided and Robot-assisted Surgery Markets in Western Europe , estimates the market to reach $1,697.5 million in 2018. The research covers surgical imaging systems, surgical navigation systems and robotic surgery.
"While image-guided surgery is well-established, robot-assisted surgery has been slow to gain acceptance in Western Europe owing to large initial investments and lower reimbursement values," notes Frost & Sullivan Healthcare Industry Analyst Beulah Devadason. "Nevertheless, the relative reduction in the length of hospital stay, and better surgical outcomes as demonstrated by several clinical studies, continue to motivate hospital authorities to adopt both systems."
Marketing efforts have focused on improving awareness about the advantages of image-guided and robot-assisted surgical systems. This is translating into higher revenues and overall market growth. However, spending cuts across the EU healthcare sector remain a major cause for concern. Budget conscious hospitals have higher expectations when spending on expensive equipment and manufacturer-specific consumables."Market participants must demonstrate cost-effectiveness and improved clinical outcomes of their product offerings in order to fuel greater uptake," advises Devadason. "Rigorous marketing drives in the European region will further enhance the existing growth trend in procedure volumes, positively impacting sales of image-guided and robot-assisted surgery in the coming years." If you are interested in more information on this research, please send an email to Anna Zanchi, Corporate Communications, at email@example.com Image-guided and Robot-assisted Surgery Markets in Western Europe is part of the Advanced Medical Technologies Growth Partnership Service programme. Frost & Sullivan's related research services include: Medical Imaging Markets Outlook for Europe and, Emerging Trends in Critical Care Solutions in Europe. All research services included in subscriptions provide detailed market opportunities and industry trends evaluated following extensive interviews with market participants. About Frost & SullivanFrost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, works in collaboration with clients to leverage visionary innovation that addresses the global challenges and related growth opportunities that will make or break today's market participants. Our "Growth Partnership" supports clients by addressing these opportunities and incorporating two key elements driving visionary innovation: The Integrated Value Proposition and The Partnership Infrastructure.
- The Integrated Value Proposition provides support to our clients throughout all phases of their journey to visionary innovation including: research, analysis, strategy, vision, innovation and implementation.
- The Partnership Infrastructure is entirely unique as it constructs the foundation upon which visionary innovation becomes possible. This includes our 360 degree research, comprehensive industry coverage, career best practices as well as our global footprint of more than 40 offices.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV