- Parts, service and body shop revenues set new quarterly record
- Medium-duty truck sales up 26% over first quarter of 2012
- First quarter absorption ratio of 111.9%
- Cash position remains strong at $205 million
SAN ANTONIO, April 23, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Rush Enterprises, Inc. (Nasdaq:RUSHA) & (Nasdaq:RUSHB), which operates the largest network of commercial vehicle dealerships in North America, today announced that for the quarter ended March 31, 2013, the Company's net income was $13.5 million, or $0.34 per diluted share, compared with net income of $15.9 million, or $0.40 per diluted share, in the quarter ended March 31, 2012.
"The Company's financial performance remained strong this quarter despite expected sluggishness in energy sector activity and a decrease in Class 8 new truck retail sales. Geographic expansion of our dealership network, breadth of product offerings and a sustained focus on aftermarket solutions continue to positively impact the company's financial performance," said W. M. "Rusty" Rush, Chief Executive Officer and President of Rush Enterprises, Inc. "I am grateful to our employees for their contributions to our success this quarter."
OperationsAftermarket Solutions Aftermarket solutions accounted for approximately 64% of the Company's total gross profits in the first quarter of 2013. First quarter parts, service and body shop revenues reached a new record quarterly high, increasing by 18% as compared to first quarter 2012, despite the usual decrease due to seasonality experienced during the first quarter. "Our aftermarket success this quarter is the result of continued maintenance of aged vehicles, incremental revenues generated from newly acquired locations and innovative aftermarket solutions," said Rusty Rush. "Despite the decline in the energy sector activity and integration of newly acquired locations in Ohio, we were able to achieve a quarterly absorption ratio of 111.9%," explained Rusty Rush.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV