- Total direct greenhouse gas (GHGs) emissions were down, mainly due to the permanent closure of a carbon-intensive recycled paper mill in Arizona;
- GHGs were one-fifth of 1990 levels at Canadian operations, but were up from a year earlier reflecting the impact of increased electricity generation at Powell River;
- Renewable energy use stood at 87% at Canadian operations and 79% corporately;
- 62% of all fibre supply was certified to leading third-party sustainability standards with most sourced from sawmill wastes;
- Corporate water-use intensity was reduced 4%;
- Frequency of medical incidents and lost-time injuries were reduced slightly, however safety results fell short of targeted performance;
- 200 new employees were hired as retirements trend upward and recruitment intensified; and
- Operations employed 1,600 people and generated nearly $2 billion in economic activity which supports 5,500 additional jobs in British Columbia.
Catalyst Paper Issues 10th Sustainability Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.