PVF Capital Corp. Announces Earnings For Fiscal 2013 Third Quarter
- Net income of $1.8 million, aided by mortgage banking and SBA lending results
- Announced merger with F.N.B. Corporation proceeding
- Non-interest expense includes $0.3 million of merger-related expenses
- Continued improved asset quality and net charge-off ratio of 0.15%
- Capital ratios remain strong
SOLON, Ohio, April 23, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- PVF Capital Corp. (Nasdaq:PVFC), the parent company of Park View Federal Savings Bank, announced net income of $1.8 million, or $0.07 basic and diluted earnings per share, for the fiscal 2013 third quarter ended March 31, 2013. These results compare with net income of $0.2 million, or $0.01 basic and diluted earnings per share, for the prior-year quarter and net income of $2.7 million, or $0.10 basic and diluted earnings per share, for the fiscal 2013 second quarter ended December 31, 2012. Fiscal 2013 third quarter results included $0.3 million of merger-related expenses.
Robert J. King, Jr., President and Chief Executive Officer, commented, "I am pleased we have continued our progress in improving asset quality and sustaining consistent profitability as we continue to work toward the upcoming merger with F.N.B. Corporation."
Net Interest IncomeNet interest income totaled $5.6 million for the quarter ended March 31, 2013, which was an increase of $0.1 million, or 2.4% over the quarter ended March 31, 2012, and a decrease of $0.2 million, or 2.7% from the fiscal 2013 second quarter ended December 31, 2012. Despite a smaller balance sheet for the period ended March 31, 2013, the Company has maintained a relatively stable level of net interest income which is attributable to the on-going strategic improvement in the mix of average earning assets which resulted in a relatively stable earning asset yield, while the Company has been able to continue to lower its funding costs in this low interest rate environment. This has resulted in a smaller but more efficient balance sheet which improved the Company's net interest margin to 3.21% for the quarter ended March 31, 2013, compared with 3.16% and 2.99% for the quarters ended December 31, 2012 and March 31, 2012, respectively.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV