UHC And American College Of Medical Quality Offer Special Supplement From UHC Annual Conference
CHICAGO, April 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- UHC, in collaboration with the American College of Medical Quality, has developed a 28-page supplement from the UHC Annual Conference 2012, "Re:imagine."
The "Re:imagine" summary is available as a supplement to the March/ April 2013 issue of the American Journal of Medical Quality and online at uhc.edu. It highlights the key presentations at UHC's second annual conference, which brought together more than 1,600 top health care professionals to learn more about improvement solutions for the health care industry. The conference addressed reducing hospital length of stay, improving mortality, reducing costs, using staff in new and adaptive roles, boosting patient satisfaction, and improving performance in other areas that affect quality and reimbursement.
"This supplement is a great synopsis of presentations delivered by some of the most influential professionals in health care," said Irene M. Thompson, UHC president and chief executive officer. "This tremendous resource can help today's health care providers learn more about the initiatives that drive improved quality and performance."
Among the presentations outlined in the supplement are:
- UHC's Jacob J. Groenewold, senior vice president, Supply Chain; Richard P. Lofgren, senior vice president and chief clinical officer; and Steve J. Meurer, senior vice president, Comparative Data and Informatics, collaborated to present "Using Teams and Data to Improve Efficiency."
- Researcher and author Steven Johnson shared concepts and strategies for developing a culture of innovation and stimulating breakthrough progress.
- Former fighter pilots Max Rogers, MD, and Charles Campbell applied lessons from the cockpit to demonstrate how flawless execution can be achieved through communication and teamwork.
- Haley Barbour, former governor of Mississippi and former chair of the Republican National Committee, and Donna Brazile, vice chair of voter registration and participation for the Democratic National Committee, author, and television commentator debated health care reform.
- Grammy-nominated singer/songwriter John Ondrasik of Five for Fighting presented insights into the creative process and ways to fully explore different ideas.
- Atlantic Health
- Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Cedars-Sinai Health System
- CFAR, Inc.
- Cleveland Clinic Office of Patient Experience
- Denver Health
- Emory University Hospital Midtown
- Froedtert & The Medical College of Wisconsin
- Harborview Medical Center
- The Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Long Island Jewish Medical Center—North Shore-LIJ Health System
- Massachusetts General Hospital
- Medical University of South Carolina
- NYU Langone Medical Center
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital
- Thomas Jefferson University
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
- Tufts Medical Center
- UCSF Medical Center
- University of Colorado Hospital
- The University of Connecticut Health Center, John Dempsey Hospital
- University of Maryland Medical Center
- University of North Carolina Hospitals
- University of Pennsylvania Health System
- University of Virginia Health System
- University of Washington Medical Center
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts