- Find the Right Tree – Trees come in many shapes and sizes, and can change dramatically as they grow. Before selecting a tree, learn how tall, wide and deep the tree will be at maturity. Visit www.FPL.com/RightTree for planting tips and a list of recommended trees by region.
- Choose the Right Place – Trees and power lines don't mix. Trees that grow too close to power lines could interrupt local electric service and cause a safety hazard. FPL encourages its customers to plant trees and bushes away from power lines to help maintain reliable electric service.
- Call Before You Dig – Some utility lines are buried underground. So, before reaching for a shovel, reach for the phone. Sunshine State One Call of Florida will have underground lines and equipment marked for free. Just call 811 at least two full business days before digging. For more information, visit www.Sunshine811.com.
- Don't Prune Near Power – FPL cautions its customers to never prune trees growing near power lines; hire trained professionals to clear vegetation away from the lines. Stay safe and stay far away from power lines at all times.
This Arbor Day, FPL Encourages Customers To Plant The Right Tree In The Right Place
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.