McKay Brothers Opens Another Route With Best Known Latency: Aurora-Cermak Service Clocks In At 370 Microseconds
OAKLAND, Calif., April 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- McKay Brothers, LLC today announces another expansion of its extremely low latency communication network: again breaking known speed records. The private line service connects exchange datacenters in Aurora, IL and 350 E. Cermak Rd. in downtown Chicago in 370 microseconds round trip time from rack to rack.
The Aurora-Cermak route complements McKay's wireless service along the important Aurora-NJ corridor, where McKay recently extended its latency advantage with 8.25 milliseconds round-trip service between Aurora and Secaucus and 8.33 between Aurora and Carteret. McKay is also seeing significant reliability improvements as it makes improvements to its network, with first quarter reliability running ~99%.
"We specialize in engineering, building, and operating extremely low latency wireless networks," remarked Bob Meade, co-founder of McKay. "We don't trade. We don't resell. We don't provide advisory services. Our team of physicists, engineers, and developers focuses all of its energy on delivering the best possible telecom service to our customers. We welcome their enthusiasm for these milestone achievements."
About McKay Brothers, LLCMcKay Brothers is a specialty microwave telecommunications company: dedicated to engineering, building and operating best-in-class extremely low latency networks between financial centers. McKay's first long haul route - connecting Aurora, IL to Newark and Secaucus, NJ - has been in production with live customer trading since July 2012. It delivers to customers latencies substantially lower than best-in-class fiber optics. Network extensions, such as additional exchange colocation centers in the US and Europe, continue to be unveiled. Additional information is available at www.mckay-brothers.com SOURCE McKay Brothers, LLC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV