ATLANTA, April 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Board of Directors of SunTrust Banks, Inc. (NYSE:STI) today announced an increase in the dividend on SunTrust common stock. A quarterly cash dividend of $0.10 per common share was declared payable on June 14, 2013, to shareholders of record at the close of business on May 31, 2013. The previous quarterly dividend was $0.05.
The Board of Directors also declared a quarterly cash dividend of $1,022.22* per share on SunTrust's Perpetual Preferred Stock, Series A, payable in cash on June 17, 2013, to shareholders of record at the close of business on June 3, 2013. The Board of Directors also declared a quarterly cash dividend of $1,468.75 per share on SunTrust's Perpetual Preferred Stock, Series E, payable in cash on June 17, 2013, to shareholders of record at the close of business on June 3, 2013.
SunTrust Banks, Inc., headquartered in Atlanta, is one of the nation's largest banking organizations, serving a broad range of consumer, commercial, corporate and institutional clients. As of March 31, 2013, SunTrust had total assets of $172.4 billion and total deposits of $129.9 billion. Through its flagship subsidiary, SunTrust Bank, the Company operates an extensive branch and ATM network throughout the high-growth Southeast and Mid-Atlantic states and a full array of technology-based, 24-hour delivery channels. The Company also serves clients in selected markets nationally. Its primary businesses include deposit, credit, trust and investment services. Through various subsidiaries the Company provides mortgage banking, insurance, brokerage, investment management, equipment leasing and investment banking services. SunTrust's Internet address is suntrust.com.
* Editor's Note: The preferred stock dividend has been rounded for reader convenience. The precise amount is $1,022.22222222222SOURCE SunTrust Banks, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV