DALLAS, April 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The video game industry has a history of introducing dynamic duos.
Now comes another: Xbox and Pizza Hut.
The two category giants have joined forces to launch a first-of-its-kind ordering app that allows users to purchase physical goods straight from the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft. This is not just any physical good, but one of the most popular "goods" among gamers and consumers alike – Pizza Hut pizza; and pasta, wings, breadsticks and more.The Create Your Pizza app experience can be navigated via Kinect for Xbox 360 hand gestures and voice commands as well as the Xbox 360 controllers, and marks the first of many activations including exclusive rewards planned by Pizza Hut. "The launch of the ordering app for Xbox Live users represents a major milestone for Pizza Hut and sets the tone for ordering capabilities for not only the pizza category, but the entire retail landscape," said Kurt Kane, Chief Marketing Officer at Pizza Hut. "With today's avid gamers, entertainment fans, and busy modern families gathering around their TVs as much as they gather around a dinner table, we felt this was a natural next step for Pizza Hut as we continue to own the digital ordering experience for pizza lovers everywhere." Through the downloadable app, Pizza Hut for Xbox 360 enables Xbox Live subscribers in the U.S. to order from the full menu, including new products, straight from their Xbox Live dashboard. Customers who download and place an order through the app by May 6 will receive 15 percent off their entire purchase. Furthermore, exclusive offers from titles including Forza Horizon, Halo 4, and Kinect Sports will also be available through the Pizza Hut App in the upcoming months. "We're proud to launch the Pizza Hut for Xbox 360 app, which will allow hungry Xbox Live members to easily satisfy their pizza craving while enjoying their entertainment," said Ross Honey, General Manager of Xbox Advertising at Microsoft. "This innovative app from Pizza Hut makes family night on Xbox Live that much more complete." As part of the app launch announcement, more than 2,000 Xbox employees were in attendance at Microsoft headquarters in Redmond, Wash., today for the ceremonial first order placed via the Pizza Hut for Xbox 360 app. Pizza Hut and Xbox executives, Xbox's Larry Hryb (a.k.a. Major Nelson) and professional Halo® player and entrepreneur David "Walshy" Walsh introduced the launch and demonstrated the app following a memorable arrival alongside the iconic Halo Warthog. The event marked the official nationwide launch of the Pizza Hut for Xbox 360 app. Download complete. Let's eat! The "How To" Guide for Ordering Pizza Hut via Xbox 360
- Set up an account: download the Pizza Hut for Xbox 360 app via the apps hub on your Xbox 360 dashboard so you never miss a minute of the action and save your settings to order again and again.
- Browse full menu: cruise through the complete list of menu offerings to score delicious pizza, pasta and wings from your local Pizza Hut.
- Get local deals: geo-targeted offers pop up on the home screen for great deals on all your Pizza Hut favorites.
- Build custom pizzas: scroll through the app using your controller or your hands or voice (for Kinect users) to build a customized pizza built like a pro.
- Share with friends: post order screen features share order to Facebook functionality.