April 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/
-- Voyager Learning, a business unit of Cambium Learning Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: ABCD) and leading provider of comprehensive intervention solutions, is pleased to announce the release of the all-new blended
LANGUAGE!® Live literacy intervention curriculum for grades 4-12. As the next iteration of
Comprehensive Literacy Curriculum,
LANGUAGE! Live is based on nearly two decades of classroom implementation and is proven to accelerate the literacy growth of nonreaders, struggling readers, and English language learners.
Designed specifically to meet the high expectations of the Common Core State Standards (CCSS),
LANGUAGE! Live is a comprehensive literacy solution that combines teacher-directed learning with personalized, adaptive instruction in an online social environment. The curriculum was developed to reach readers in grades 4-12 who are two or more years below grade level.
LANGUAGE! Live instruction comprises two primary components:
- Student-Centered Online Foundational Skills. This student-directed technology component specifically focuses on building foundational skills—phonological awareness, phonics, spelling, word use, sentence structure, fluency—through the Word Training lessons. The innovative platform includes an engaging social media element for peer-to-peer learning, student-centric gaming, customized learning paths, and multimedia, age-appropriate tools.
- Teacher-Led Small-/Large-Group Literacy Instruction. The teacher-directed small- and large-group instruction supports learners in meeting grade-level expectations through the Text Training lessons. This component places strong focus on oral comprehension; grammar, usage, and sentence structure; fluency; close reading of informational and literary texts; vocabulary; and writing. Teachers help students achieve their academic goals through targeted intervention and honing in on more advanced literacy skills.
This breakthrough approach to literacy intervention offers a model that provides scaffolding while moving students toward independent reading, resulting in a high degree of student motivation, independence, and success. Combined with new technology capabilities and engaging content,
resonates with adolescents as a culturally relevant solution and results in a highly successful intervention success rate.
As described by author Dr.
engages students online with all the critical building blocks for language learning - knowledge of sounds, spellings, word structure, word use, sentence composition, paragraph structure, and text cohesion. Teachers guide students in close reading of challenging and interesting texts, focusing students on details essential to comprehension.
incorporates three essential P's: Precision, Pacing, and Practice. It motivates students to be active participants in their intervention program."
"Literacy is the key to opening doors for students in academics, career, and life," says
, president of Voyager Learning. "The powerful
solution represents the next generation of learning—building more than readers, but young learners who think critically, communicate clearly, and who are prepared for life in the technology-based global community."
was developed by
, Ed.D., an internationally renowned literacy expert; lead author of LETRS
Language Essentials for Teachers of Reading and Spelling
) professional development; and author of numerous journal articles, books, and instructional materials.
is based on the original work of
Jane Fell Greene
, Ed.D., who has been at the forefront of the nation's literacy movement for more than 25 years.
materials are available for purchase now for delivery and training starting this summer. For more information about
, including video resources, CCSS alignment, and sample materials, visit
About Voyager Learning
Dedicated to the success of every student,
is the nation's most comprehensive provider of research-based education solutions and online learning tools—including curriculum products, personalized professional development, assessment, and school improvement and turnaround services. With the ultimate goal of advancing student achievement, Voyager Learning partners with preK–12 schools to build teaching and leadership capacity, keep students on track, and accelerate struggling students to grade-level proficiency. We are proud to represent the life's work of world-renowned researchers and education leaders and have a steadfast commitment to translating research into practice, with a proven track record of helping schools and districts boost student participation, improve test scores, and increase graduation rates. Voyager Learning is a business unit of Cambium Learning® Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: ABCD) based in Dallas, Texas. For more information, please visit
Cambium Learning Group, Inc.
Cambium Learning Group, Inc.
SOURCE Voyager Learning
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts