SAN DIEGO, April 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- In advance of Arbor Day, San Diego Gas & Electric (SDG&E) is reminding customers to plant the "Right Tree" in the "Right Place." SDG&E recommends selecting trees that are compatible with overhead power lines, and to call Underground Service Alert at 8-1-1 to mark out underground utility lines before planting.
The " Right Tree, Right Place" program also offers customers a free tree removal and replacement for incompatible trees that are currently being pruned under the electrical high voltage lines.
"At SDG&E our highly skilled vegetation management teams monitor more than 425,000 trees each year to look for any vegetation that may pose a potential hazard or reliability concern," said David L. Geier, vice president of electric operations for SDG&E. "Our vegetation management efforts are working. In 2012, SDG&E customers experienced the fewest number of tree-related outages since records were kept."
For 10 consecutive years, SDG&E has been recognized as a Tree Line USA® Utility. This program recognizes public and private utilities throughout the nation that demonstrate practices that protect and enhance America's urban forests. Qualification for the certification includes industry standard quality tree care, annual worker training, and tree planting and public education.As part of SDG&E's commitment to proper tree care and public education, SDG&E is participating in several Arbor Day events around the county, including:
- Friends of Balboa Park, Tree Celebration : 10:30 a.m. Friday, April 26, 2013 at Balboa Park (Quince Street, between Balboa Dr. & 6th Ave.)
- Carlsbad Arbor Day Celebration : 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. Saturday, April 27, 2013 at Calavera Hills Community Park
- SanTree Fest: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, April 27, 2013 at Town Center Community Park East
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV