SAN DIEGO, April 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- In advance of Arbor Day, San Diego Gas & Electric (SDG&E) is reminding customers to plant the "Right Tree" in the "Right Place." SDG&E recommends selecting trees that are compatible with overhead power lines, and to call Underground Service Alert at 8-1-1 to mark out underground utility lines before planting.
The " Right Tree, Right Place" program also offers customers a free tree removal and replacement for incompatible trees that are currently being pruned under the electrical high voltage lines.
"At SDG&E our highly skilled vegetation management teams monitor more than 425,000 trees each year to look for any vegetation that may pose a potential hazard or reliability concern," said David L. Geier, vice president of electric operations for SDG&E. "Our vegetation management efforts are working. In 2012, SDG&E customers experienced the fewest number of tree-related outages since records were kept."
For 10 consecutive years, SDG&E has been recognized as a Tree Line USA® Utility. This program recognizes public and private utilities throughout the nation that demonstrate practices that protect and enhance America's urban forests. Qualification for the certification includes industry standard quality tree care, annual worker training, and tree planting and public education.As part of SDG&E's commitment to proper tree care and public education, SDG&E is participating in several Arbor Day events around the county, including:
- Friends of Balboa Park, Tree Celebration : 10:30 a.m. Friday, April 26, 2013 at Balboa Park (Quince Street, between Balboa Dr. & 6th Ave.)
- Carlsbad Arbor Day Celebration : 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. Saturday, April 27, 2013 at Calavera Hills Community Park
- SanTree Fest: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, April 27, 2013 at Town Center Community Park East
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV