Funding For Safe Drinking Water Left Unused
LISLE, Ill., April 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The recent revelation that nearly half a billion dollars in federal funding for safe water has gone unspent by the State of California offers one more strong incentive for residents to install Final Barrier protection in their own homes, the Water Quality Association states.
"While we rely on public agencies for initial treatment, the best way to ensure safe drinking water is by empowering ourselves," said Dave Haataja, executive director of WQA. "By putting protection in our homes, we can offer the Final Barrier against contaminants."
Residents in the state are confronted with increasing concerns about nitrate and arsenic contamination in their water. Yet according to a recent AP report, California failed to spend almost half a billion dollars of federal money meant to improve water infrastructure in the state. The fund gives out loans to public and private water systems for drinking water infrastructure improvements, including treatment facilities, pipelines and other projects.
"Nothing is more basic than clean and safe water," said Haataja. "WQA and its member companies are dedicated to providing products and services that ensure our water is safe to drink."How do you know the products will work? The first step is to talk with a water professional. The second step is selecting a product that is tested and certified. The association offers certification for trained professionals to help give consumers confidence about the knowledge and ethical standards of local dealers, who can be found through "Find A Water Professional" at wqa.org. The seal on a product means it has been tested and certified for effectiveness. WQA uses independent standards established by the NSF International/American National Standards Institute (NSF/ANSI). Products that have passed testing can be found at wqa.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV