HASBROUCK HEIGHTS, N.J., April 23, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Nymox Pharmaceutical Corporation (Nasdaq:NYMX) is pleased to announce that the first patient has been enrolled in the Company's Study NX02-0022. The NX02-0022 Study is designed as an open label study of the safety and efficacy of NX-1207 reinjection for the treatment of prostate enlargement (benign prostatic hyperplasia or BPH). The new study will enroll 100-200 subjects who had previously participated in an NX-1207 BPH study and will involve a second treatment of intraprostatic NX-1207 2.5 mg.
The new study will also use a lyophilized formulation of NX-1207 that can be stored at room temperature. The new formulation is also being used in the Company's Phase 2 NX03-0040 prostate cancer study which is in progress.
The use of NX-1207 for the treatment of moderate to severe BPH is being evaluated in five Phase 3 trials. In addition to the large U.S. pivotal Phase 3 studies (studies NX02-0017 and NX02-0018), the new drug is being tested in two Phase 3 multi-center reinjection studies (studies NX02-0020 and NX02-0022) and a multi-center Phase 3 study in Europe (in collaboration with Nymox's European partner, Recordati S.p.A.). Two of these studies (NX02-0017 and NX02-0020) have completed enrollment and a third (NX02-0018) is nearing completion.NX-1207 is also being evaluated in a U.S. Phase 2 study (NX03-0040) for the treatment of localized low-risk prostate cancer. NX-1207 is a novel patented drug developed by Nymox. NX-1207 is injected by a urologist under ultrasound guidance directly into the area of the prostate to be treated in an in-clinic procedure that takes only a few minutes and does not require catheterization, anesthetics or sedation. Studies to date have shown that intraprostatic NX-1207 treatment is well-tolerated by patients, does not impair sexual function, and has not shown any drug-related significant side effects.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV