CARLSBAD, Calif., April 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Callaway Golf Company (NYSE: ELY) today launched a social media networking campaign in partnership with LinkedIn. The application, which lives on www.CallawayHitTheLinks.com, introduces a modern approach to the long-held tradition of networking on the golf course. Within the app, golfers designate an ultimate foursome using their LinkedIn network of professional contacts, and submit the group for a chance to win a golf "business" trip that includes a custom club fitting at Callaway's California headquarters and a round of golf.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://www.multivu.com/mnr/55470-callaway-golf-linkedin-social-networking-campaign-for-golfers
"We are disrupting the traditional influence models in golf because golfers' expectations about how they experience brands has changed dramatically," said Harry Arnett, SVP, Callaway Golf. "This partnership and concept are exciting because no other company has used LinkedIn's API in this way before, and we're using it to connect passionate golfers. It furthers our commitment to being the most transparent, most connecting, most engaged brand in golf."The experience begins with users logging into the application via LinkedIn Connect, which then generates a recommended foursome through an innovative use of LinkedIn's API (application programming interface). The three connection types created from the API within the foursome are:
- The Company Insider: Someone within the user's company. The API seeks out a golfer first, but if one isn't available, then the person with the most appropriate title is selected.
- The Business Contact: Someone in the user's network and industry that the user has the most connections in common with.
- The Golfer: To find the passionate golfer in the user's network, the API references attributes such as interests and group membership. The person with the highest number of connections in common will be selected.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV