Mr. Mulally has said he is very encouraged by the new government leadership in Beijing and that's why he's putting the pedal to the metal and following through with Ford's $5 billion China expansion program.
Have you driven a Ford lately? I have -- a Ford Escape. It had good gas mileage, but I had an underwhelming impression of the structural and mechanical integrity of the 2012 model. It leads me to wonder whether Ford can build a low-cost auto in the world's largest market, where there are already offerings from every Japanese manufacturer, not to mention European carmakers.
Yet the word on the streets of Shanghai and Beijing is that there's a big group of car owners in China who are somewhat tired of driving Japanese autos and are looking for something really different. This could mean that Ford is in the right place at the right time with its expansion strategy.
Patient Ford investors are paid a dividend yield-to-price currently at 3.08%. If, just if, Ford's shares retest the April 18th intraday low of $12.65, the yield would increase to 3.16%.It literally pays to be a Ford investor, especially at a price that seems fair to you. Do your own careful due diligence and place your limit buy order accordingly. At the time of publication, Courtenay had no positions in stocks mentioned. Follow @m8a2r1 This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV