- Seven teams of business school students from Canadian universities to compete
TSX/NYSE/PSE: MFC SEHK:945
TORONTO, April 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ - Manulife Financial is pleased to announce the teams named as finalists in its Manulife: Entry into Asia Challenge. A distinguished panel of independent judges reviewed 46 entries, submitted by teams of university business school students from across Canada, and has selected the seven teams of finalists.
The seven teams will now present their submissions to an elite panel of judges with the winners of the competition being announced on May 22."The Manulife: Entry into Asia Challenge" asked undergraduate and graduate business school students at Canadian universities to create a business plan for a Canadian small or medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to expand into any country in Asia. Competing teams will demonstrate their ability to think strategically about entry into Asian markets while demonstrating their understanding of the unique attributes, challenges and realities facing Canadian SMEs. The University of Toronto's Rotman School of Management is managing this one-time only competition. Additional details on the competition are available at manulife.com/asiachallenge. The finalist teams represent the University of Regina, the Richard Ivey School of Business, University of Western Ontario, the Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto and the University of Waterloo. The team members are: BETA TAU Tim Philip, Kira Novak and Barton Soroka Country for entry: China CRESCO James Hammond, Alex Apanovitch, Geoff Calder and Johnny Kim Country for entry: China FRONTIER CONSULTING Ian Sin, Ryan Appotive, Melita Cyril and Leslie Wong Country for entry: Myanmar HYDROLOGIC SOLUTIONS William Cheng, Erol Biceroglu, Miranda Fong and Marissa Leung Country for entry: China LUMI STRATEGISTS Jiemi Gao and Kevin Zhou Country for entry: China NEW HORIZONS Aisha Bukhari, Lak Chinta, Peter Cinat and Aristotle Solomon Country for entry: Japan SENOSENSE Mutthu Jagdish Ramlingh, Selvin Jebaraj, Darryl Karpel and Ronak Soni Country for entry: India Manulife would also like to extend their sincerest thank you and appreciation to the judges who reviewed the 46 submissions and chose the seven finalists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV