HANOVER, Pa., April 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Comcast Business, a unit of Comcast Cable, the nation's largest video, high-speed Internet and phone provider to business and residential customers, today announced that Utz Quality Foods, Inc., the largest independent privately held snack brand in the United States, is using Comcast Business Ethernet and Business Trunks to connect multiple office locations and distribution centers throughout the Eastern United States. In addition to taking advantage of more bandwidth and saving on its Internet and voice connectivity costs, Utz can also utilize these new fiber-based services to quickly scale up from its existing 20 Mbps service to as much as 1 Gbps of bandwidth capacity to meet its business demands as the company continues to grow.
Founded in 1921, Utz Quality Foods, Inc. is a high-quality manufacturer of potato chips, pretzels, cheese curls, popcorn, party mix, and other snack foods. Headquartered in Hanover, Pa., the company produces approximately 1.5 million pounds of potato chips and 850,000 pounds of pretzels every week at its nine manufacturing plants across the U.S. These products are then delivered to supermarkets, convenience stores, and other retail locations from Utz's more than 50 distribution centers primarily in the Eastern United States.
With its recent acquisitions of three major regional brands and distribution networks – Zapp's Potato Chips, Wachusett Potato Chip, and The Bachman Co. – within the past 24 months, Utz realized it needed to reassess its existing wide area voice and data networking infrastructure to replace its old T1 lines. The company looked to Comcast Business to connect its new regionally-dispersed employee offices, supplier locations, and distribution centers in a way that would also provide the bandwidth Utz knew it needed for future growth.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV