On Monday the Los Gatos, Calif.-based firm earned 31 cents a share on $1.02 billion in revenue. Analysts surveyed by both
Thomson Reuters and Estimize were looking for earnings of 19 cents a share on $1.02 billion in sales.
Netflix shares climbed 24.05% to $216.30. The online entertainment company was also one of the most active pre-market Nasdaq stocks on share volume of 304,963.
NXP Semiconductors (NXPI) was a more modest gainer, rising 2.37% to $26.38 after reporting robust first-quarter results and healthy guidance.The semiconductor specialist was another active pre-market Nasdaq stock on share volume of 339,422.
Shares of ARM Holdings (ARMH) surged almost 9% before market open, lifted by better-than-expected first-quarter results. The chip design specialist rose 8.52% to $43.67. ARM was also one of the most active pre-market Nasdaq stocks on share volume of 173,598. Apple (AAPL), which reports its fiscal second-quarter results after the market close, gained 0.76% to reach $401.70 on share volume of 160,960. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters expect the iPhone maker to report revenue of $42.31 billion and earnings of $10.01 a share. TheStreet will be live-blogging Apple's earnings, starting at 3.45 PM ET: --Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV