DUBLIN, Ohio, April 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Cardinal Health Foundation is inviting non-profit organizations in 18 U.S. locations and Puerto Rico to apply for grant funding to support local efforts to prevent the abuse and misuse of prescription medications.
This marks the fourth consecutive year that the Cardinal Health Foundation's Prescription Drug Abuse and Misuse Prevention Grant Program will provide funding to help non-profit organizations raise awareness and promote education about this growing public health issue, at the local level.
This grant program is intended to reduce the misuse and abuse of prescription medications among youth, college students, adults and the elderly by supporting initiatives that seek to:
- increase awareness of and willingness to openly discuss prescription drug abuse and its consequences;
- increase knowledge of how to properly dispose of prescription medication; and
- increase knowledge about how to reduce unlawful access to prescription drugs.
Registered 501(c)(3) organizations in the following locations are invited to apply for grants ranging from $5,000 - $15,000:
- Albuquerque, N.M.
- Atlanta, Ga.
- Central Ohio
- Delaware (all cities)
- Denver, Colo.
- El Paso, Texas
- Hudson, Wis.
- Lakeland/ Tampa, Fla.
- LaVergne, Tenn.
- Little Rock, Ark.
- Northeast Queens or Syracuse, N.Y.
- Northern Chicago ( Lake, McHenry and Kenosha counties)
- Radcliff, Ky.
- Puerto Rico
- Seattle, Wash.
- St. Louis, Mo.
- Wheeling, W.Va.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV