BASEL, Switzerland, April 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
At the Annual General Meeting of Syngenta AG on April 23, 2013, the 1,142 shareholders representing 48.27% of the total shares approved all the motions proposed by the Board of Directors.
Shareholders also approved a dividend of CHF 9.50 per share, an increase of 19% over the previous year.
Martin Taylor retired from his position as Chairman of the Board having completed his term of office and, as previously announced, is succeeded by Michel Demaré who was appointed to the Board at the AGM in 2012. Peggy Bruzelius, Peter Thompson and Felix A. Weber also retired from the Board, having completed their terms of office.Eleni Gabre-Madhin, co-founder and CEO of eleni LLC, and Eveline Saupper, Partner and Director with commercial law firm Homburger AG in Zurich, were elected as new members of the Board. Syngenta is one of the world's leading companies with more than 27,000 employees in over 90 countries dedicated to our purpose: Bringing plant potential to life. Through world-class science, global reach and commitment to our customers we help to increase crop productivity, protect the environment and improve health and quality of life. For more information about us please go to http://www.syngenta.com. Note to the edi to r: The speech of the Chairman, the presentation of the CEO and images of the Annual General Meeting can be found at http://www.syngenta.com/agm2013. Syngenta International AG Media Office CH-4002 Basel Switzerland Tel: +41-61-323-2323 Fax: +41-61-323-2424 http://www.syngenta.com Media contacts:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV