EDMONTON, April 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ - David G. A. McLean, chairman of CN (TSX: CNR) (NYSE: CNI), is pleased to announce today that the Company's Board of Directors (Board) has appointed Robert Pace as its vice-chairman, effective today.
Mr. Pace, upon successful election as a director at CN's Annual Meeting of Shareholders in April 2014, will become chairman after Mr. McLean reaches the Board's retirement age of 75 next year. As vice-chairman, Mr. Pace will work with Mr. McLean over the coming months to ensure a smooth succession.
Mr. Pace, who joined the Board in 1994 when he chaired the CN audit committee and then the human resources and compensation committee, is president and chief executive officer of The Pace Group Ltd., based in Halifax, N.S., which is engaged in radio broadcasting, real estate and environmental services.
Mr. Pace began his career as a lawyer in Halifax and worked as Atlantic Canada Advisor to the Prime Minister of Canada. He is a director of High Liner Foods Incorporated and Hydro One Inc., and is also chairman of the Walter Gordon Foundation and former director of the Asia Pacific Foundation and the Atlantic Salmon Federation.Mr. Pace holds a master of business administration and bachelor of law degrees from Dalhousie University in Halifax. CN - Canadian National Railway Company and its operating railway subsidiaries - spans Canada and mid-America, from the Atlantic and Pacific oceans to the Gulf of Mexico, serving the ports of Vancouver, Prince Rupert, B.C., Montreal, Halifax, New Orleans, and Mobile, Ala., and the key metropolitan areas of Toronto, Buffalo, Chicago, Detroit, Duluth, Minn./ Superior, Wis., Green Bay, Wis., Minneapolis/St. Paul, Memphis, and Jackson, Miss., with connections to all points in North America. For more information on CN, visit the company's website at www.cn.ca. SOURCE CN
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV