SAN JOSE, Calif., April 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Realtor.com ®, the leader in online real estate operated by Move, Inc. (NASDAQ: MOVE), today announced a substantial update to its realtor.com ® mobile app for iOS and Android. In addition to being the first to allow home buyers to target listings based on schools and districts through its new school search functionality, the app now boasts an array of updated capabilities, including new, intuitive navigation elements and an enhanced map experience.
With realtor.com's search-by-school functionality, users can hone their home search based on school or district boundaries and discover valuable information on schools and districts of interest. Users can filter listings by public schools, districts and private schools in just one tap.
"We understand that when searching for the perfect home for your family or soon-to-be family, schools are an incredibly important consideration in the home-hunting process," said Errol Samuelson, chief strategy officer of Move and president of realtor.com ®. "We're excited to expand on the unparalleled accuracy of our real estate app with the added school search capability. Through industry-leading features like school search, we want to highlight our commitment to delivering the best tools available to help users find their home."
To ensure a streamlined and intuitive school search experience, the realtor.com ® mobile app has been updated with the following:
- Nearby Schools button on the home screen that leverages GPS to find schools in surrounding areas
- School pins on an interactive map that display GreatSchools ratings and assignment boundaries and the ability for users to search homes for sale that fall within a particular school boundary
- Schools tab, which is displayed within each specific property listing, providing granular information about the grades taught at each school, student-teacher ratios and GreatSchools ratings
- Capability to search listings based on their assigned public school or school district
- Select tabs to view a specific listing's property tax, sales history and additional school information
- Draw and save custom search areas directly on an interactive map
- Easily navigate using Locate Me, Satellite, Street and Hybrid view selections in the map experience
- Sign in to save searches and listings. Access saved items at your convenience via mobile or online at www.realtor.com.
- Use Area Scout to see results and average values that update in parallel with geographical movement
- Connect and search with real estate agents through collaborative search; receive suggested listings, request showings and converse directly via the integrated instant message feature
- Know when a property is pending through a badge displayed on the listing page (where available)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV