CHICAGO, April 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Allscripts took another key step in delivering an Open, Connected Community of Health™ with the release of Allscripts Care Director™. The new solution coordinates outpatient care across healthcare settings. With the industry shift toward value-based care, Allscripts Care Director will help healthcare organizations more effectively manage patient care post hospital discharge and importantly, better address preventable readmissions, a key requirement now that hospitals could be subject to penalties for excess readmissions under Medicare.
Allscripts Care Director extends the Allscripts Care Management™ suite, enabling true care coordination across all settings: home care, physician practices, hospitals, post-acute care facilities, and community services. The web-based solution can help health organizations by: managing at-risk patients, improving transitions of care, reducing potential readmissions, decreasing redundancies and connecting all care settings. Patient information can be imported directly into Care Director, or pulled from Sunrise Clinical Manager™ or certain other third-party EHR systems via Allscripts Care Management™. Although available to implement as a standalone solution, Care Director's strength lies in its integration with Allscripts Care Management, the widely adopted and proven Care Management system at 900 hospitals nationwide.
"Ensuring successful transitions of care is a huge priority for our organization," said Ruth McNaughton, RN, Senior Director Care Coordination, Administrator Hospitalist Group, Jordan Hospital. "Allscripts Care Director is an extension of our care management strategy that enables us to efficiently serve our patients as they head into their next phase of treatment outside the hospital. Allscripts Care Director improves handoffs and follow-up, which ultimately means better results for our patients."
Improving care collaborationCare Director is instrumental in achieving the patient results that value-based care will require. Here's how the solution works:
- The health organization's care coordinator enrolls the patient into Allscripts Care Director, reviews clinical information and risk assessment and defines the care team.
- The care coordinator develops additional care plan elements such as education, transportation, counseling and goals.
- The care coordinator shares the care plan with the patient and the care team that facilitates transitions of care and collaboration.
- The care coordinator then assigns owners to the goals and interventions on the plan.
- The care coordinator measures the patient's progress by recording completion progress toward goals.
- Patient Stratification -- manage high risk, high utilization and chronically ill patients via risk scoring.
- Care Coordination -- coordinate care across care settings using assessments to identify gaps in care, and care plans to track measurable goals and interventions.
- Transitions of Care -- coordinate transitions of care between all care settings including home care, physician practices, post-acute care facilities, community services and hospitals.
- Analytics -- capture and report on data as well as share with analytics tools to measure improvements in the care process and patient outcomes as part of an organization's overall population health management strategy.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV