SAN FRANCISCO, April 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), the enterprise cloud computing company, today delivered Salesforce Social.com ™, transforming advertising with the world's first social advertising application that connects social ads with CRM and social listening. For the first time, brands and agencies will be able to power social ad campaigns on Facebook and Twitter using real-time customer and social listening data, allowing them to reach customers in entirely new ways and maximize return on advertising dollars. Social.com is part of Salesforce Marketing Cloud, the #1 social marketing solution for transforming how customer companies market in the social and mobile era. The Salesforce Marketing Cloud now includes the #1 social listening application, Salesforce Radian6, the #1 publishing application, Salesforce Buddy Media, and the #1 social advertising application, Social.com.
Comments on the News
- "Today salesforce.com is doubling down on social ads," said Michael Lazerow, CMO of Salesforce Marketing Cloud, salesforce.com. "Social ads cannot be disconnected from your business. By bringing together Social.com with the world's #1 CRM, Salesforce CRM, and the world's #1 social listening application, Radian6, we've made it possible for marketers to connect social advertising with their customer data and real-time trends to maximize return from their advertising dollars."
- "Social media has achieved a recognizable level of credibility in the marketing world and if brands don't have it in their marketing mix, they are missing a huge touch point with potential customers," said Jonathan Nelson, CEO, Omnicom Digital. "Smart marketers are buying media in real-time and working with the latest tools to ensure they are delivering the right message, at the right time, to the right person, which is even more imperative in the connected, social world."
- "After an internal audit of more than 40 technology solutions, Social.com came up head and shoulders above the competition," said Adrien Robert, global partner, Mindshare. "Social.com provides an innovative, process focused, self-service online application that helps Mindshare bring adaptive marketing to life for our clients."
- "With people spending more time on social networks than ever before, leading marketers are seeking to effectively leverage paid social campaigns," said Mary Wardley, program vice president of CRM Applications, IDC. "To successfully run social ad campaigns, marketers need scale, but they also need to make sure social advertising is connected to listening and engagement. Powerful applications like Salesforce Social.com help provide this crucial scale and innovation."
Salesforce Social.com: Create, Optimize and Automate Social AdsSocial advertising is a huge opportunity for marketers with spend more than doubling from $4.7 billion in 2012 to $11 billion in 2017, according to BIA Kelsey. And 64 percent of advertisers expect to increase their spend on social advertising in 2013, according to Nielsen. The reason: social advertising has created an opportunity to reach a huge number of consumers along with a completely unprecedented opportunity for targeting. With social media now being the number one online consumer activity worldwide, brands not only have enormous global reach, but also the ability to target ads based on social profiles, likes, interests, activities and even locations by mobile device.Social.com empowers brands to seamlessly create, optimize and automate social ad campaigns. Unlike other social advertising solutions that primarily offer an outsourced service, Social.com is an easy to use, self-serve application for agencies, brands and other advertisers. With Social.com, brands and agencies can:
- Create powerful social and mobile ad campaigns: Build, test and launch social ad campaigns at scale, reaching consumers on any device. Marketers can execute more effective social ad campaigns by testing all of the available targeting, creative and placement combinations, to drive highly localized and relevant ads. They can also leverage Facebook and Twitter data to identify the best content for advertising.
- Optimize social ad campaigns: Track and analyze metrics over time with live campaign monitoring as well as receive immediate feedback on social ad performance around particular goals. Define goals and Social.com does the optimization automatically.
- Automate social ad campaigns: Adjust ad spend automatically and intelligently. Automate how ad spending is allocated during campaigns by defining rules to make real-time optimization decisions across all ads and campaigns.
- Power social ad campaigns with real-time customer data from the #1 CRM app, Salesforce CRM—Marketers will be able to connect offline and online purchase data, customer loyalty data, as well as data from contests, sweepstakes, whitepaper downloads and other conversion pages directly to their social ad campaigns in real-time. By uniting customer data from Salesforce CRM with Social.com, agencies and brands will be able to target an ever-changing audience with evolving messaging and ads. This transforms the way brands advertise—providing direct connections to current and potential customers.
- Power social ad campaigns with real-time data from the #1 social listening app, Radian6—With Social.com, marketers will be able to connect their social ad campaigns to Radian6, the #1 social listening application, tapping into real-time conversations from more than 500 million sources including the Twitter Firehose of 400 million tweets per day. Previously, marketers had no way to connect their social ad campaigns to the real-time conversations happening on social networks. Now, they will be able to easily view conversations around their brand, related topics and trends within Social.com to buy and deliver ads in the moment.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV