PROVIDENCE, R.I., April 23, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Advanced Energy Industries, Inc. (Nasdaq:AEIS) announced today that it will launch the Ascent ® DMS dual-magnetron sputtering accessory at the 56th annual SVC TechCon 2013 conference in Providence, Rhode Island. Sponsored by the Society of Vacuum Coaters, this event is the premier thin-films coating conference and exhibition in North America.
The Advanced Energy (AE) Ascent DMS series offers repeatable, tunable film parameters and lowers cost of ownership in large-area glass, solar, flat panel display, AMOLED display and other industrial, dual-magnetron sputtering applications. Designed to deliver 30 to 180 kW of bipolar power—with independent power control to each cathode—Ascent DMS units permit process engineers to customize duty cycle to the wear profile of each target. This enables increased target-erosion uniformity and full utilization of each cathode for longer campaigns. A controllable pulse rise feature offers significant advantages for producing more uniform and higher density films, while unique power-delivery options include selectable frequency, independent power-ratio regulation for each magnetron and power, current or voltage regulation.
Yuval Wasserman, president of AE Thin Films, said, "With a 32-year power-conversion heritage, Advanced Energy offers the most comprehensive PVD power portfolio in the industry. The Ascent DMS technology is an exciting power-conversion advancement that further refines process control and productivity for our customers in a way that will help shape new innovation in the long-established field of sputtering. Equally important for our customers, this technology offers significant long-term material savings, boosts yield and lengthens manufacturing uptime in order to bring superior yet affordable new products to market."Advanced Energy will showcase the Ascent DMS product, along with its power-conversion and control solutions for reactive sputtering, metallic sputtering and cathodic arc deposition at the SVC exhibition. Display products will include:
- AE's recently acquired Solvix line of DC and pulsed-DC power supplies for thin-film sputtering and cathodic arc solutions
- Ascent ® AMS and Pinnacle ® Plus+ DC power-delivery systems, supporting a wide variety of thin-film coating applications
- Paramount ® RF power-delivery systems with pulsing and pulse synchronization, frequency tuning and a highly developed arc management system
- Navio ® digital matching networks for industrial applications, leveraging AE's proven matching technology
- Sekidenko OR 400M optical fiber thermometers (OFT), delivering high-speed, multi-channel temperature and emissivity measurement and control across multiple processes and substrates
CONTACT: Jim Guilmart Vice President, Sales & Marketing Advanced Energy Industries, Inc. +1.970.407.6318