The last indicator above is of Technology Select Sector SPDR (XLK) over S&P Equal Weight ETF. On Monday, there was a fair share of positive news coming out of technology companies that buoyed equity markets. The pair, pictured above, highlights the relative lack of importance technology has been lately.
Technology, due in large part to Apple, as seen in the table below, lagged the broader markets as equities raced to new highs. This does not say anything about future price action, but merely cautions that a strong technology sector may not keep markets from pulling back in the near future.Source: etfdb.com At the time of publication the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned. Andrew Sachais Follow @AndrewSachais This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV