Q1 2013 Summary:
- Pacific International acquisition completed February 15, 2013, making BBCN the leading Korean-American bank in the Pacific Northwest
- Total gross loans receivable increase $204 million net to $4.5 billion, or 5% linked quarter
- $5.8 billion in total assets, reflecting a 4% increase linked quarter
- Non-accrual loans to gross loans of 0.94% primarily reflects the addition of one large loan
- $17.5 million net income, or $0.22 per diluted common share
- Quarterly cash dividend of $0.05 per common share
LOS ANGELES, April 22, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- BBCN Bancorp, Inc. (the "Company") (Nasdaq:BBCN), the holding company of BBCN Bank (the "Bank"), today reported net income available to common stockholders of $17.5 million, or $0.22 per diluted common share, for the first quarter of 2013. This compares with net income available to common stockholders of $22.1 million, or $0.28 per diluted common share, for the year-ago first quarter, and net income available to common stockholders of $21.5 million, or $0.28 per diluted common share, for the preceding 2012 fourth quarter.
The Company also announced that its Board of Directors declared a quarterly cash dividend for the second quarter of 2013. All stockholders of record as of May 3, 2013 will be paid a cash dividend of $0.05 per common share, payable on or about May 17, 2013."We continued to make progress strengthening our leadership as the premier Korean-American bank in the nation with the completion of the Pacific International transaction during the quarter," said Kevin S. Kim, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of BBCN Bancorp, Inc. "We are pleased with our new loan originations of $221 million for the seasonally slower first quarter. The current market rate environment is pressuring our net interest margin, which declined by 7 basis points to 3.97% on a core basis, excluding the effect of acquisition accounting adjustments. While elevated provision expense due to one large loan impacted earnings for the quarter, we believe our credit costs remain manageable. Pre-tax pre-provision earnings to average assets of 2.54% on an annualized basis underscores BBCN's core earnings power. Together with the recent announcement of a definitive agreement to acquire Chicago-based Foster Bankshares, we believe BBCN is solidly grounded for continued profitability and growth."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV