SAO PAULO, April 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Companhia de Saneamento Basico do Estado de Sao Paulo - SABESP (BM&FBovespa: SBSP3; NYSE: SBS), one of the largest water and sewage service provider in the world based on the number of customers, pursuant to CVM Rule 358, as of January 3, 2002, and amendments, hereby informs its shareholders and the market in general the following:
The split of shares representing the Company's share capital was approved by the Extraordinary and Ordinary Shareholders' Meeting held on the date hereof, whereby each share issued by the Company will be split into 3 shares, i.e., shareholders will be entitled to receive 2 new shares for each share currently held. The share capital shall be divided into 683,509,869 common shares issued by the Company.
The date to be considered for purposes of identifying the shareholders entitled to receive the shares arising from the split shall be April 22, 2013. As of April 23, 2013, the shares issued by the Company shall be traded ex-split rights (ex-date).
As for the shares traded on BM&FBOVESPA, the custodian bank, Itau Unibanco S.A., shall take all measures to automatically distribute the new shares to the Company's shareholders. On April 26, 2013, the Custodian will distribute the shares arising from the split at the ratio of 2 new shares for each existing one.As for the ADRs traded on the New York Stock Exchange, the depositary institution, Bank of New York Mellon, shall issue new ADRs and distribute them to the shareholders. The shares and ADRs arising from the split approved herein will be of the same type and shall confer their holders the same rights of previously existing shares and ADRs, including the right to receive dividends in full and/or any other shareholder payments that come to be declared by the Company from the date of the Extraordinary and Ordinary Shareholders' Meeting onwards.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV